Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Another thread.

I may not be able to craft with any gusto at the minute but that doesn't mean I can't look at other crafts! I have been trawling embroidery inspiration, started by looking at pictures of rice mandalas created by Buddhist monks. I didn't realise I had a big think about mandalas until posting this here but they really seem to fire my brain.
I found this wonderful site for cross stitch mandala patterns, and have gone so far as choosing my favourite for my birthday. On my Internet embroidery meandering I found a lady who converts pictures into cross stitch. Here is her Avengers Assemble offering. I am pretty much in awe of her skills and will be making full use of them as I acquire cross stitch prowess. She takes requests and will help you convert any image, so if there was a favourite photo you wanted to cross stitch but didn't know where to start then she's your lady.


No comments:

Post a Comment